FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SIA's A380 flight services to take off on Oct 28
Old Sep 13, 2007, 5:21 pm
jimrpa

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by CDG1
They may charge Concorde like fares but again the A380 will never fly you at Mach2+ for the duration of your fight like Concorde across the Atlantic.

Time is precious. Also, people still say to me, "Oh, the Concorde [remember most Americans say that] was small, wasn't it cramped?" To which I say, "Who needs fold-flat beds and such on a flight of under four hours?
I have to agree. I flew Concorde, and while I was surprised at how small the cabin was inside, it was still a VERY nice flight!
Originally Posted by CDG1
Sacralige the Whale Jet is using Concordes class sign R or Rocket Class while nothing about the Whale can be described as a Rocket!

Apart from looking like a Discarded Shuttle external Tank with wings and Engines fitted!
The Shuttle External Fuel Tank comment is just too funny!

As for the A380, I'm underwhelmed by the published seat maps, but I still suspect that SQ might have something up their sleeves. For one, the amount of galley space on the published seat maps just seems to small. For another, there does not appear to be any crew rest spaces identified (or even any unidentified spaces for crew rest). While 3-4-3 doesn't captivate me, perhaps there are some "hidden" attributes that we don't know about yet