FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - On the 6th Anniversary
View Single Post
Old Sep 12, 2007, 11:14 pm
SFOTRAVELER

Programs: UA 1P (residual DL, US, AS), SPG
I spent this 9/11 packing up my house to move into a new chapter of my life. The TV had already been packed but I had NPR and its full reporting of the anniversary events on to keep me company all afternoon while I was boxing up my furniture and possessions.

9/11/01 changed everything, including my partner being sent immediately to Afghanistan for several months, to serve with his Air Force medical team. His return and what unfolded after that changed everything yet again, which set in motion a series of events that now has me in yet another city, moving on again.

As I sat in my nearly empty living room on Tuesday, I was reminded that only change is constant, that we can never predict what events or incidences will close a door or open a window in our lives.

However, while things constantly change, one thing is certain: All who lost their lives that morning will never be forgotten, and the stories that I have heard about the impact of their lives and their loss on the "UA Family" in the last 6 years will continue to inspire me and make me proud.