FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton policy on second room for children?
Old Sep 12, 2007, 8:28 am
GJS - yow

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by PHL
Officially, no. But if you call and speak directly to the reservations manager at a given hotel you'd probably get some kind of break. Esp. if you are a Gold or Diamond.
I am a Gold, and recently tried this with one of the resorts, to no avail.

Originally Posted by PHL
You should also look into suites. Many times they aren't even listed online, but hotels can/will sell them directly if you call. Sometimes they are <=50% more than a standard room. Then you could all still be together in a large, comfortable living space. But this all depends on the hotel.
In fact our vacation this summer was in a nice suite at a Hilton resort. It was a free upgrade offered to Gold members. It was great in that there was a lot of room. However, it only had one bed. Then there was a sofabed in the living area (has anyone found a hotel that offers a decent, comfortable sofabed?), and we had two rollaway beds brought in. We definitely enjoyed our time there, but our three teenagers would have much preferred to be sleeping in regular beds (i.e a room with two queens), even if two of them need to share a large bed.

In general I have found that the large suites are often more than twice the price of a regular room.

If Hilton won't make the same offer on this side of the world, I will just have to plan our next trip to an overseas location if I want to stay in a Hilton. The other option is to spend our vacation dollars with Hyatt or another competitor.