Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton policy on second room for children?

Old Sep 11, 2007, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!

We just completed a family vacation, and have come to realize that it would be great if our three teenagers had their own room. We have done this a few times with Hyatt, where the second room for children is offered at half-price (even if the first room is booked as a reward with points), based on the lowest rate shown on the website.

I just became aware that Hilton offers this in the rest of the world, calling the offer Hilton Mini Breaks. It is not offered in the Americas or Caribbean, as far as I can tell. Amongst a number of other offers (free breakfast, late checkout, etc.) the Mini Breaks offer "Second room for children half price" or "Kids stay for free when sharing their parents room". Does anyone know if this applies if the first room is booked with an Hhonors award?

Does Hilton offer anything similar in the US or the rest of the Americas/Caribbean? Surely there are many families that would appreciate having a second room at half price for their children.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 1:03 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Officially, no. But if you call and speak directly to the reservations manager at a given hotel you'd probably get some kind of break. Esp. if you are a Gold or Diamond.

You should also look into suites. Many times they aren't even listed online, but hotels can/will sell them directly if you call.

Sometimes they are <=50% more than a standard room. Then you could all still be together in a large, comfortable living space. But this all depends on the hotel.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GJS - yow

Does Hilton offer anything similar in the US or the rest of the Americas/Caribbean? Surely there are many families that would appreciate having a second room at half price for their children.
God I hope not! Oh! Was that my outside voice??
Old Sep 12, 2007, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PHL
Officially, no. But if you call and speak directly to the reservations manager at a given hotel you'd probably get some kind of break. Esp. if you are a Gold or Diamond.
I am a Gold, and recently tried this with one of the resorts, to no avail.

Originally Posted by PHL
You should also look into suites. Many times they aren't even listed online, but hotels can/will sell them directly if you call. Sometimes they are <=50% more than a standard room. Then you could all still be together in a large, comfortable living space. But this all depends on the hotel.
In fact our vacation this summer was in a nice suite at a Hilton resort. It was a free upgrade offered to Gold members. It was great in that there was a lot of room. However, it only had one bed. Then there was a sofabed in the living area (has anyone found a hotel that offers a decent, comfortable sofabed?), and we had two rollaway beds brought in. We definitely enjoyed our time there, but our three teenagers would have much preferred to be sleeping in regular beds (i.e a room with two queens), even if two of them need to share a large bed.

In general I have found that the large suites are often more than twice the price of a regular room.

If Hilton won't make the same offer on this side of the world, I will just have to plan our next trip to an overseas location if I want to stay in a Hilton. The other option is to spend our vacation dollars with Hyatt or another competitor.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 8:59 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
The other option is to spend our vacation dollars with Hyatt or another competitor.
Does Hyatt(or any other chain) in the US that give a 2nd room for 50% off?
Old Sep 12, 2007, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PHL
Does Hyatt(or any other chain) in the US that give a 2nd room for 50% off?
Absolutely - we have taken advantage of this with Hyatt twice recently.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.