FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to get to Blackburn in the UK?
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2007, 7:38 am
gpapadop

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
OP follow up

Hi,

Thanks for all the responses so far. The UA suggestion flying from ORD to MAN on BD is intriguing but twice now the UA rep (after holding for a while) did not have access to the BD computer system I will try again.

I also tried DL because I have a $400 voucher I can use but gave up holding on the phone...Not sure if they can get me there but I will try again.

I am a Greek fan of the Larissa soccer team that plays Blackburn for UEFA. I live near Detroit and just returned from a 3 week vacation in Europe. First match is in Larissa on September 20 and it looks like I am going to miss it due to prior family committments. A lot will depend on that game's score, if we get blown away I think I am not going to go. It's a $100 fee to redeposit my UA miles if I change my mind so it's kind of a crapshoot if I should do it now (not sure if there are any award seats anyway...).

I take it you recommend getting a hotel room in Manchester instead of Blackburn.

Again, thanks for the responses so far.