FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HON "enhancements" getting closer [HON bonus reduced from 50% to 25%] [merged]
Old Sep 6, 2007, 3:00 pm
tcswede

Originally Posted by flamboyant 1
I bet most (95%) of the HON mileage millionaires (in 2 years) do not pay for their flights themselves!
So what is the bet ???

How often are we gong to flogg this horse - there can not be much left of it as this argument seems to find its return over and over.

WHO CARES who pays - whether it is the "HON" himself or someone who deems it worthwhile paying for the tickets for the "HON" - it is just irrelevant other than that it involves some serious BIS - maybe pampered but still quite some amount of flying.

I would venture to say that there are only a limited number = % of the HON that have achieved it trough mileage runs - which is the underlying argument of your statement - the true road wariors etc etc .. Give me a break - that argument is simply stale - flying a lot is sometimes nothing other than means to do a job - but it certainly not the priviledge / perk that some posters want to see in it.

Actually I would bet most HON pay for their flights either directly for the ticket - or indirectly as their performance bonus is diminished by the chunk their flying takes out of their bottom line ...

Cheers

Thomas