FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HON "enhancements" getting closer [HON bonus reduced from 50% to 25%] [merged]
Old Sep 6, 2007, 2:50 am
SleepOverGreenland

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by SMK77
I find it amazing that so many people qualify for HON...
Lh should better be really happy about that and should not complain about too many people beeing very loyal customers.
Originally Posted by SMK77
Problem for LH is that one can get HON for less than EUR 40.000 (all the European C-hoppers) and can not get it after having spent more than EUR 100.000 (regular F-flyers) and their IT can currently not help them to fix that... I think that SQ's new PPS approach is going into the very right direction and LH will follow at some point in time:

As an airline you shouldn't value those who spent the most time on your planes but those who spend the most money. The C-hopper checks in 100 times and costs lets say 50 EUR per FCT visit - that is narrowing your margin by 5.000 EUR out of 40.000 EUR earned. The F-flyer is checking in 10 times and costs only 1.000 EUR out of his 100.000 EUR spent and does not make HON...
I (or my co-owned company to say it right) spend about 60K to 90K € p.a. for my flights just with LH/LX (10% LX) and only for premium cabins (paid FR, CR and sometimes D fares). Since I usually fly straight and don't go for any odd routings just for more HON miles I end up with ~350K HON miles p.a.

If this business is not enough for an airline to provide me the best available service and status, then this airline must be

It doesn't matter to me, how they count it. But they better don't change it, or will loose a very loyal customer.