FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok, First Time, For a Day: Pen or MO?
Old Aug 22, 2007, 12:58 pm
francophile

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by HUGE AL
francophile, I'm traveling with you next time (as I'm Asian as well). When I was in the Authors Lounge, I was COMPLETELY ignored and the only tables that got service were the ones with Caucasians at them. OK, perhaps it was me...or so I thought... In walks an elderly Chinese woman who was totally dripping of money. The staff wouldn't even get the poor woman a menu after 20 minutes. I ended up getting one for her. She told me this wasnt' the first time she was treated with such disdain. Unacceptable.

At the Sukhothai, I had a similar experience in that the waitress bowed next to all the Caucasian tables when presenting the bill, but when she went to Asian tables, she handed it ACROSS the table while standing up. Anyone who knows SE Asia knows this is a no-no.
Your observation is a common of Asians. If you go to the CX board, do a search on "caucasians" and you will find some threads regarding Asians receiving less than stellar service.