FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok, First Time, For a Day: Pen or MO?
Old Aug 21, 2007, 10:26 am
TRAVELSIG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
MTL --
Maybe it's the 'older gentleman' in me but for our next trip next month, we're booked at Sukhothai (2 nights) and The Met (1 night).

I've heard mixed reviews about The Met, but after the raves about their toiletries (COMO brand) and pictures of their chic, contemporary rooms, I would have to try it at least once. Hopefully we will have a positive experience!
The best thing about the Sukhothai is the restaurant, which is great. Really, the FS is probably a better value, especially in the rennovated rooms which are beautiful. The Met, I stayed at twice, and gave up. The toiletries are the best part of the whole hotel. The bar is OK as well, but not worth staying there for. Pool Service is non existent in my experience. And, it can be a hassle to get cabs from time to time at both the Sukhothai and the Met (they are very close to ech other). Give the FS a try- the service is the best in Bangkok (albeit with no view).