FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FF program enhancements*
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2007, 3:54 am
spotwelder

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
Originally Posted by justin_krusty
yes they have been known to request (and obtain) a seat from revenue management for plats on occaison. i know someone that this was done for. worth a try i guess. spotwelder you're getting used to those seats down the back of the bus now aren't you?
yep, back of the bus for me most of the year. I think it has been one AA YUP F sector, three I class sectors on BA and four sectors cuckoo clock airways. That gives a hit rate of 6%. As my osteopath would say, you are spending more on getting your back fixed from all this long haul Y flying than you are on airfares.

Mind you, I have just applied for a job in New Zealand and hope to get an interview so that I can get the four sectors for renewal in that way as NZ domestic run up and down the country. It might be a better way than overnight to SYD, a couple of CBRs and back to the UK in the afternoon as the cheapest way to do it for London based. Apparently asking the powers that be to arrange for a big crash in Australia so that I can get four sectors in might be unethical.