FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FF program enhancements*
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2007, 10:27 pm
simongr

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by Leumas
I agree with simongr, that told us nothing. (Not criticising moa999, thanks for the posting it though.)

I eagerly await for the news on what they plan to take away. As we know, they will never give on one hand and not take away from another.

I suspect the take away will be even worse than last time (and we thought it was bad then). The last round was mostly caused by the introduction of the Skybed. Now, we're looking at the A380, Premium Economy, Skybed 2, improved First, brand new lounges, and even AVOD...! Imagine the possibilities...!
However - although there is a lot of good expensive stuff coming - this is different to the Skybed in that this is not an upgrade to an existing product but a diversification of the product - QF should see improved profitability and less strain on the fleet (more flexibility to deal with issues) as the new product comes on board - so there doenst need to be an increase in redemption rates (and I am not sure people could stomach pay 1,000,000 points for a F return to LHR for two )

I am just relieved that I switched to AA but still earn enough on my amex to "pay" for 4 F upgrades a year - more than enough