FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - shingles...
Thread: shingles...
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2007, 10:27 pm
MissJoeyDFW

Originally Posted by oldpenny16
For those of us who are 60 and older, there is a vaccine now. It costs about $200 and insurance generally won't pay for it; but I'm sure any who have had shingles will testify that the vaccine is worth it.

I have had shingles three times, all stress related. The first time I was 27 years old and building a new house with a husband I wasn't getting along with. The next time was when I got a divorce from that husband and the last time was when I was under some incredible stress at work and going through a bad breakup. The three incidents were all about a decade apart. Fortunately I know what I am getting from the first sign and run to the Doctor to get medication. My body responds well to the treatment and I heal fast. I haven't had scarring or severe pain except for pain and discomfort in any area my clothing might be rubbing the shingles outburst.

Old Penny I wonder why you have to be 60 to get that vaccine? I am 10 years and a few weeks away from being 60. I would get it tomorrow and pay a lot more than $200 if it would prevent me from ever getting shingles again. Getting shingles is just awful.