FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New SOP regarding Freedom Baggies (at least in MIA)
Old Aug 10, 2007, 4:48 pm
goalie
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by SDF_Traveler
If it is SOP, it's a crock of you know what. Regardless, what the "officer" did was unprofessional to you as a customer.

I would complain loudly if this happened to me. They're wasting your time and theirs. It's not efficient.

You are the customer. You pay a security fee with every ticket you purchase. As a customer, I expect to be treated like a customer. You don't punish customers.

Find out who the acting FSD is and file a complaint. File a complaint with the airport and also send a letter to the station manager of the airline you are flying and let them know the actions of the TSA are unacceptable.

I personally would have made a lot of noise at the checkpoint before I went back to "the end of the line".
you hit the nail right onthe head-complain loudly. for me, it would have been not only loud via the tsa complaint system but also loud right then & there so that others could hear and see what was going on. i would have also demanded a supe, everyone's i/d 's and a leo if i felt it was warranted [in other words, i got or was getting close to d-y-w-t-f-t). this person has abosloutely no business being in a service environment and dealing with the public.