FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please critique my stay 2, get 1 free plan for Kauai
Old Aug 1, 2007, 6:19 pm
Bikeguy

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by nonyflyer
If you are able to stay at the Hyatt Place Detroit/Utica or Detroit/Auburn Hills, you could also enroll for the 5,000 point Hyatt Place Bonus.

For the two nights you will then earn:
- 3,000 Points Mastercard Bonus
- 5,000 Points Hyatt Place Bonus
- 500 Base Points per Stay
= 8,500 Points and 1 Stay certificate
x2 = 17,000 Points

It sounds like you're both staying two nights each, earning one cert each on two new accounts. Combine the points required for award redemption by transferring them onto one account. You can do this by making a reservation for a tier 4 award stay.

Then purchase 1,000 additional points for $20. You will also then have enough points required for a 18,000 point-based award stay at the Grand Hyatt Kaui and can change the reservation from the tier 4property you might use to combine the points into one account. If your vacation doesn't give you time for this third night, you could use it at a Park Hyatt or another top tier Hyatt property

I believe this will work!
Very nice!

Although the way I read the rules, each stay will generate over 500 points @ 5 points per dollar, and I'll earn the 18K points, if i have a "premium" MC.