FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please critique my stay 2, get 1 free plan for Kauai
Old Jul 30, 2007, 8:55 pm
bsdstone
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by Bikeguy
Here's my plan.

My wife and I honeymooned at the Hyatt Kauai 11 years ago for our honeymoon.

We will be in Kauai at the end of October and I would like to stay there 10/27- 10/29.

Paying the regular rate of over $400 a night doesn't sound appealing.

The elite certs for $250 a night sounds more appealing, but I can't figure out how to make sure the hotel will accept the certs on those dates.

The most appealing option appears to be the stay 2 get one free promo, which I signed my wife and I up for tonight. It looks like for about the same money as buying the certs outright, we can enjoy a few stays at other Hyatts near where we live and still stay in Kauai 2 nights. However, the problem again is I don't know a way to make sure the hotel will accept the certs for those days. And if the hotel doesn't accept the certs for the days we are looking for, there is no reason for me to stay at a hotel close to home, more or less to generate the cert, but as well to have the kids swim in a nice pool.

I tried the workaround in the thread about checking hotel cert availability, but kept getting an error message that the code was incorrect. And, I'm unsure whether by the time I earn the free night with stays whether availability will still be available on the dates I need.

Any help would be appreciated.
First of all, what is the stay 2, get 1 free promo?

My advice would be to call the diamond desk (or your respective level desk) and ask them to check. If they are no help, call the hotel directly and explain your dilemma to them...make sure you blather on and on about how you LOVE their hotel, etc. and you had your honeymoon there, etc.etc....IF they have availability, see if you can "hold it", and then get the persons name...call back, book it when you have the certs, and blather on and on again about the hotel...you'll probably get upgraded and champagne, etc...usually works for me! :-)

Now spill the beans about the stay 2 get 1 free thingy...