FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please help with Q-points run to make EXP
Old Oct 25, 2001, 9:05 am
tfjim

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jmorris:
If I use my AAdvantage number, do the flights post to my AA account at 1 qualifying point/mile even though it's a NR ticket? Or do I need to use my TWA number to get the extra points?</font>
If you post to your AA account you should get the 1 point/mile, even on non-Y/B tickets. (this seems to be the collective experience of other AA people posting here). If you use your TWA number it is not certain how these miles will convert to AA come November 30th. You would also miss out on your Platinum bonus.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Also, even if I can get comped Elite 1 on TWA, I would still earn only 500 points/miles for the STL-ORD legs if I use my AA number, right?</font>
Correct. The 1,000 status mile minimum for elite Aviators is one of the better mileage earning benefits that will be expiring November 30th.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Thanks for your warning on the upgrades. I'm 6'3" so I am not looking forward to this. Does the middle section of row 7 have extra legroom too, or just the sides?</font>
Actually it appears that row 11 (767-200) or 16 (767-ER) is the first row of economy now (post-MRTC). The center section has the good legroom also. Others may be able to better comment on this as it's been about 4 years since I've seen the coach section of any TWA airplane. (oh, how I'll miss TWA and Aviators)