FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Skymiles - no extra benefits for people who fly 150k MQMs a year??
Old Jun 15, 2007, 11:29 pm
dane1

Programs: Delta DM, Starwood Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jimrpa
Woah! Wait up a moment there - just what is PM? Chopped Liver? There is a top-end at Delta - Platinum Medallion. That's it! The pinnacle. The ultimate achievement. Nothing else, nothing beyond. Even EPs are PMs. If PM isn't enough and you want even more, then Delta isn't the airline for you. How many classes do you want? Should Delta introduce Titanium? Then we'll have some group who whines that they've made Titanium and there's nothing beyond. Eventually we'll be into the trans-uranium elements? And what do we do when we run out of the manmade elements? What level will be beyond Ununseptium Medallion?
Apologies if you misconstrued this as an argument for additional Medallion levels. I merely disagreed with your viewpoint that the OP was 'whining'. I think he was completely in his right to ask; as a later poster also pointed out, he certainly has no right to expect.

My personal view is that some kind of threshold bonus would be nice. I'll easily hit 150K plus with DL by Fall, unless I decide to put my post-75K mileage somewhere else. Delta does not give me any formal incentive to keep with their program past PM qualification. I'm a senior executive so its easy to get comped to mid-elite level on another carrier, thus the DL domestic upgrades by themselves won't necessarily keep my business. Would be great to see something like the old system that gave int'l upgrade certs every 20K flown.