FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Skymiles - no extra benefits for people who fly 150k MQMs a year??
Old Jun 14, 2007, 10:35 pm
ContinentalFan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by G-VFAB
Good afternoon everyone,

Last year I moved from Flying Blue to Delta SkyMiles and switched carriers. I wanted to give the new Delta a chance even though the service on Air France in economy is far more superior than Delta. In a span of three months I have managed to fly 72,000 MQMs (that's right, three months). At this rate, I will end the year with 150,000 - 180,000 MQMs. While Platinum Medallion members (75k MQM threshold) get 6 upgrade certificates, Delta does not have ANY extra benefits for people who fly 150k MQMs a year. Is this true?? Why should I fly Delta any more than the 75k required to maintain Platinum. 90% of my travel is international, with a majority of it in Europe. I'm going back to Air France.
I too am not sure why it's a surprise either. I am in a similar bind with Continental. I hit Platinum at the end of February. Last year, I decided that my opportunity cost of loyality was too much. I switched to AA in the summer and earned EXP--and ten SWU's. This year, I switched in March--I did fly DL for three weeks in April. In July, when I hit EXP, I'll switch to DL and earn Platinum there too.

That's your solution. Don't fly more than 75k with Delta. When your benefits run out, you should too.