FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Skymiles - no extra benefits for people who fly 150k MQMs a year??
Old Jun 14, 2007, 2:53 pm
dane1

Programs: Delta DM, Starwood Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jimrpa
I hate to say it, but your note sounds really whiny. If I were Grinstein and received such a note, I'd probably drop it into the shredder after the first sentence.

You know Delta's published program and rules. If you're not happy with the published program and rules, there are a number of other airlines out there. You might see if one of them better suits your needs.

You could also do a search on "white envelope" in this forum to see that Delta DOES try to recognise some of their very high revenue customers with some extra perks. I've no idea whether the program will exist next year, or what it will offer. This year, it did not offer any additional upgrades.
Seems more reasonable than whiny to me, especially as he could just as well have kept on flying AF (and they indeed have a better international coach product than Delta, missing FA's aside). Perception is very important, and if the message DL is sending is one of not valueing best customers then that should have top-level attention.