FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Skymiles - no extra benefits for people who fly 150k MQMs a year??
Old Jun 14, 2007, 6:14 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by jackplum
Why is this a surprise?

It is clearly stated in the membership write-ups on the DL website and in any materials you may have received upon gaining status.

However, there are some added perks for revenue based amounts, I believe, but only by invitation. See threads on white envelope or EP.

Additionally, I think there are annual Platinum Threshold bonuses, again searchable in the forums.
The Platinum threshold bonuses are not a published benefit, so while it has been recurring for a number of us each year in recent years, there is no guarantee that such a thing will occur again. And even when expecting a recurrence, it may make sense to stay well below the 125k or 150k MQM level until that registration notice comes out.

EP is mostly granted by purchase of higher fare DL flights credited to DL's program. (Since I credit most of my DL flights to other SkyTeam frequent flyer programs, EP won't be in my picture even as I do substantially more than 75k SkyTeam elite qualifying miles per quarter and requalify for DL PM usually in the first quarter of a year.)

If I were in the OP's situation, I'd do what I do -- go for NW Platinum and the extra perk selection that they publish for those who fly substantially more than the mere 75k elite qualifying miles a year.