FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Non-reservations 'customer service' number for gold elite?
Old May 25, 2007, 6:43 am
Carlo JoMomma

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Non-reservations 'customer service' number for gold elite?

Hi all,

Last December I purchased a ticket on nwa.com for a BOS-CVG flight through DTW. The first leg (BOS-DTW) was on NW, the second leg (DTW-CVG) was on a NW-numbered Comair plane. My luggage was lost and I know that the airlines have an agreement that the carrier for the final leg is responsible for the lost luggage (= Comair / Delta). I flied my lost luggage claim to DL in the stated time frame and DL claimed twice to have not received it (I have faxed it four times at this point and given up on DL).

NOTE: I am a nw gold elite.

I feel it is irrational to think that DL is competent enough to solve this issue (DL's website for lost luggage says it has been found, the CSRs in India say it is still lost). As DL does not consider me an elite member, they don't care about me.

Because I purchased the ticket on nwa.com, all my flights were NW-numbered according to my 'contract' with NW, and I am a NW GE, I (1) sent a fourteen-page fax to the GE fax number explaining the whole situation and included my correspondence that I had submitted to DL; and (2) entered a NW TTU about the issue. No response at all from NW and it has been a month.

At this point I plan on going to small claims court and I assume that because I didn't have a 'contract' with DL I would need to sue NW. Before I do this, I would like to talk to someone at NW to see what is up and if they can help at all.

Should I just call the NW GE Reservations number or is there a better number to call? All written correspondence with either DL or NW is futile.

Thanks for your ideas!