FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Valencia, Spain [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2007, 7:33 pm
DorianGray

Originally Posted by douglas99
Return trip in January..Report:-

Hotel just gets better, some balcony rooms now have hot tub as well, very nice. Classy and well located.

Staff attentive and very professional.

However dining has gone from suberb, the best ever, to the worst ever experienced. Evidently the top notch chef walked and whoever replaced him does not have the skills for the job. Breakfast was appalling, bought in baked goods and stone cold "hot selection" I missed breakfast on second day as couldn't face it (a first for me), Evening dining no better, the menu looked great but the chef could not produce the advertised dishes. Much food not eaten, other diner doing the same! Left the hotel having to eat at the airport, not a good idea!

This hotel needs to sort this before the Americas Cup or it will not get the return business it would have had , if it could have kept the original chef.

Unlikely to return unless I hear reports of drastic changes, such a shame as I thought i had found the ideal weekend retreat.

I heard also amazing things about the restaurant there...

Heard it was one of the best in town. Heading there one day but just caught your review and it is stopping me. Have you been back, or anyone else? The rates seem overly high for this property, I guess the America's Cup keeps them inflated...