FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA and TAM to Partner!
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2007, 6:20 am
hardiwv

Programs: KL/AF Platinum
Source?

http://www.panrotas.com.br/canais/re...416&pesquisa=1

The verbal invitation was extended by LH Vice-President during the launching of LH-TAM partnership.

Media in Brazil take it for granted that TAM will join *A. It is a matter of time.

It is my understanding as well that TAM wants to be in bed with as many carriers as possible

When TAM decides to drop AA for UA and at the same time AF/KL for LH, you can clearly see the airline is moving to one direction: *A.

As I mentioned, LAN-TAM partnership is very limited and only on a regional basis.

What do you mean by "fully integrate"? Earning EQMs? As far as I can see, you can earn AA miles (redeemable) on TAM, and redeem AA miles for TAM flights, even combined with other partners.

I mean: 1. full miles on all flights and integrated mileage programme (something TAM does not have with AA neither AF); 2) full codeshare on all flights US-Brazil (something TAM does not have with AA neither AF)

There is no doubt that TAM's agreement with UA and LH is far more comprehensive than the ones it has with AA and AF, and it represents a first step for TAM to join *A.

Rgs,