FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International Coach Select, PFI, ????
View Single Post
Old May 21, 2007, 2:58 pm
avidflyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by tev9999
I just checked in online for my flight tonight DTW-AMS-NUE. After printing the boarding pass, I got this screen which I don't think I've seen before.

Your business fare qualifies for Coach SelectSM benefits

Present your boarding pass to take advantage of these special benefits on this trip:

* Access to the priority security checkpoint lane (where available)
* Admission to the Northwest WorldClubs Lounge (where available)
Valid at Northwest operated WorldClubs Lounges only
* Preboarding with WorldPerks Elite members

In addition, 1000 Bonus Miles have been credited to your WorldPerks account

Get Reservation Details & an E-Ticket Receipt

My boarding passes printed with PFI which I knew meant express security line, but I did not think it would give WorldClub access. I also don't recall the 1000 bonus miles before - they are not in my account now, but I will see when the flight posts.

This is not a WBC ticket - B fare (BHEPX to be exact). I also rebooked this from a flight I was supposed to take last week on a different routing (DTW-AMS-MUC, FRA-DTW) and paid the $200 change fee plus another $200 or so in fare increase - about $2400 total. Not sure if that improved something.

None of this matters much (except the extra 1000 miles) since I am already gold and a WorldClub member. This is my sixth round trip to Europe this year , five of which have been B fares. Is this new or have I just not been paying attention?
No this is not new and it is a pretty good deal. If you need to make this trip in July or August make sure you route through EWR or JFK. WBC is on sale for $1600 ish...BC for less than you had to pay for Y.