FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nice act by FA today
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2007, 9:00 pm
jrhone

Originally Posted by shawbridge
I flew first class home from California today and toward the end of the flight, I went to the bathroom and then struck up a conversation with the two FA's who had also been the crew on my way out three days ago and had recognized me. The earlier flight had been 3+ hours late and I told them I was eager to see my family as I have five straight weeks of flying (last week was Houston-Paris-London; this week to California; I leave for London on Sunday, come back on Saturday for a friend's son's wedding the following Sunday; leave for Australia on the Monday and return on June 7 for my daughter's 8th grade graduation and her birthday on June 8) and then my wife and daughter leave for 3 weeks in Ireland. She asked if I was bringing back anything for my daughter and I said no. She then asked if my daughter likes chocolate chip cookies. When I said yes, she packed up all of the unserved chocolate chip cookies in a bag and said, "Here, take these for your daughter."

That was very considerate and my daughter was thrilled (though I made her share with her brother).

The other FA said, "See what happens if you are nice." I generally try to be nice but don't always get chocolate chip cookies.
See what a little gesture can do.

Most of the FA's wrap up the left over cookies at the end of a flight and hand them to the GA , who will usually divide them up among the other GA's.

If I am working the gate then I will hand them out to passengers or eat them all myself.