FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Personal superstitions on QF/OW flights??
Old Nov 12, 2003, 3:00 am
Leumas

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
I don't have any superstitions per se, but I do have some strange habits - things I do more for sentimental value than anything else...

- I tend to wear the same shirt and jeans combination on the first leg of my journey.
- I also make sure I wear clean underwear at all times.
- I never sit down when I'm waiting at the gate area (theory is, I'll have plenty of chances to sit when I get on the plane).
- Go to the bathroom before boarding... (This one isn't for any sentimental values!)

With all that, I've managed a pretty uneventful flying career:

- 1 cancelled flight from WLG-AKL due to fog (that was my first leg of my first trip to Europe). They managed to put me on the next one.
- 1 flight delayed for 3 hours from HKG-SYD, where we sat on the tarmac due to a power problem. As soon as they realised the curfew was starting at midnight, the problem was fixed within minutes and we were off at 11:59. Everyone was crumpy, including the crew.
- Due to that, we missed our connection to WLG, and had to fly to AKL then WLG, which also meant the luggage didn't arrive till the next morning.
- 1 cancelled flight by AZ. They put us in a coach instead. Yes, I did earn miles from it!

I plan to keep it this way...

[This message has been edited by Leumas (edited November 12, 2003).]