FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: mixing BA and AA for Qantas awards
Old May 19, 2002, 7:30 am
thadocta
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dave Noble:
Thats dammed annoying if it is true.</font>
It is certainly true, although I do not vouch for the accuracy of the QF phone droid which I spoke with 0 they may have been wrong, after all.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">When I did a trip in March , I wanted to do MAN-LHR-JFK on BA in Z and then JFK-STL in Z on AA and then return the same way. When they put the flights in and did a costing, it came out as an 150,000 rather than 125,000. Thats when she went off to check why it was happening and came back to say it was because of the use of 2 carriers taking it off the table. She did say that the system automatcally calculated the cost and it wasnt her. I ended up just buying a cheap ticket from JFK to STL rather than spend the 25,000 miles.</font>
The website is rather ambiguous, and does not state in explicit terms what the go is - it needs to be up-dated, urgnently. Perhaps that is why she wanted to put me through to the internet help section.

Certainly, common sense dictates that if they want A points for B miles for travel on QF, and they want C points for D miles for travel on QF, and they identically want A points B miles on BA, and they want C points fod D miles on BA, and they identically want A points for B miles on AA and they want C points for D miles on AA, then one would logically think that since the mileage requirements were the same on AA/BA/QF on one airline, then it would be the same across all three airlines (since they all have the same redemption levels).

Or is that too simple?

Dave