FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bermuda - Lodging recommendations?
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2007, 7:15 pm
wireless033

Well the bus system is okay, but I used the bus for the first 2 months I was here and I got sick and tired of it as it means a lot of walking and it takes so long to get to places. I would really say, it takes twice as much time to get to places by bus than by bike.

Moreover, bus drivers are not the nicest people.

The fastest way to get around is by bike, you can overtake lines. Bermudas roads are overcrowded!

Taxi is really expensive but late at night the only option cuz buses stop around 11 o clock. Or you take the bike, but that means you cant drink.

Specialty Inn does have nice food and its a place where locals go. You should definetly try a codfish breakfast on Sundays, a cheap good place to get it is the Marketplace supermarket in town on Church Street for only 8 bucks.

You should also try the Rum Swizzle, there is a restaurant thats named after it, its okay, but the food is not extraordinarily good.

If you wanna go out, go to Cafe Cairo or Level on Front Street. Don't go to ghetto places like Champions or Gombeys you can get in trouble really easy...

All bars have to close at 3 AM and only Splash and Champions are allowed to open til 5 AM where Splash is the less ghetto option.

For money reasons I unfortunately havent been to the upscale restaurants but I heard that Harbourfront is really good indeed.

Ok i cant think of anything else that you must know.