FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Bristol Place Toronto Airport [Master Thread]
Old Apr 3, 2007, 6:56 pm
YYZ_PPT

Programs: AC.E, SPG.P, FPC.Plt, HH.G
Just completed my second 1 night stay. Here’s a quick summary.

Transport to/from: Hotel is about a 5min drive from the airport. 24-hour complimentary shuttle is available. When I asked about the frequency they said it’s every 30min, but during off-peak hours it may run on request. For airport pick-ups you’ll have to call the hotel, (courtesy phones available in the airport). Limo service is also available and not limited to the airport only. Self park is $14/day, valet also available.

The hotel was converted from a Wyndham. Even after renovation, some areas are still showing its age. The rest of the hotel has been given the standard (although up-to-date), Westin look.

Rooms: Both times arrived early, rooms were ready, upgrades given. The hotel has 15 floors, top 2 are SPG floors. My first stay I was given a room on the 15th. That was about the only thing upgraded. The room was average size, but all the furnishings were new and updated. My second stay was much different, as the room was upgraded to a very nice, large suite.

Business center: 24h and free to use. Wifi available throughout the hotel. Free in the lobby and business room, $16 for 24h access in rooms.

Gym: Fitness center and pool. Both times pool area was closed for renovations. Fitness room is a fair size, 8-10 machines.

Food: Didn’t eat at the restaurants. The hotel is located on Dixon Rd. There are plenty of places to eat within a 10min drive along/off the airport strip. For walking distances, you’re somewhat limited. There’s a Subway next to the hotel, a Lone Star Texas grill beside that, and a Keg steakhouse across the street.

Overall, a good airport hotel. It wouldn’t be my first choice, but would return. I still prefer the Sheraton Gateway (when the price seems right). The FP Toronto Airport is a good second, highly based on its location of being able to walk to the terminal from the hotel, and its usual low price.