FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What are my chances for a silver elite comp?
Old Feb 1, 2004, 8:43 pm
HomelessScientist

What are my chances for a silver elite comp?

What do you think the response would be if I asked for a comp to WorldPerks silver elite status?

Last year I did three transatlantic trips (one on NW/CO, one on DL, and one on AA) and one transpacific trip (on AA) together with three domestic transcons (one on DL, one on NW, one on JetBlue). The DL trips were before the beginning of their partnership with NW, so they were credited to a SkyMiles account. This all left me with AAdvantage gold status, but no status on any other airline. Had the DL alliance been in effect for the entire year, I would have made silver on NW as well.

Unfortunately, at least one of NW, KL, DL, or CO is nearly always both more convenient and less expensive than AA for the routes that I tend to fly.

I'm currently preparing to book a transpacific trip in March and a transatlantic in May. The miles add up to 23810 on the most direct great circle routings; I'm sure that a real itinerary would stretch them over 25000. It would be very nice to have elite benefits (especially priority checkin and potential upgrades on domestic segments) before starting these trips. Do you think that I can present a good case for a status comp?

Thanks!