FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should LH and LX forums be merged?
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2007, 2:07 am
Jenbel
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by farefinder
Talking about LH and LX, this was not a merger, it was an acquisition.

As Frequence Plus and Flying Dutchmen discontinued operations and Flying Blue was born, the new FFP of AF/KL was similar designed as Frequence Plus. IMO there was a culture shock for former Flying Dutchmen members as the new FFP of their beloved airline is not as generous as the former. For these members this was much more problematic than the different cultures of Frequence Plus and Flying Dutchmen forums.
I wasn't talking about LH & LX - I was talking about the two mergers of boards on FT.

I'm sorry, I didn't think you were on FT when the KLM/AF boards were merged As someone who was active on one of the boards at the time, there definitely were issues because the boards themselves had very different cultures - which wasn't realised until the boards were merged, and it wasn't realised what a problem it could be until the boards were merged. Big learning curve for everyone involved in that particular process - and hence the later divorce into subforums for irreconcilable differences between the former members of the two boards