FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nightmare Does Not Even Come Close: ATL-EWR 3/17-3/18
Old Mar 19, 2007, 6:18 pm
alliance

Originally Posted by Sojourn
Next time it's Delta. Like I said, this is the last time I will fly with them. I may be only 19, but I've traveled enough to have a basic sense of what an airline should do. This was a nightmare, spending a day at an airport when I'm on spring break is not very fun.
Originally Posted by Sojourn
We talked to a few agents from Delta and they said to go over to the Delta Customer Service area in-front-of A18. That area was an even bigger zoo than security. She being a Sergeant, we pushed our way to the wall of phones. There was a man finishing his conversation as we both walked up and we asked to speak to the person he was talking to. He handed the phone to the Sergeant and the Delta rep said, “I’m sorry everyone has to wait their tern.”. That is a bunch of BS, when there are hundreds of angry people around, your job is to make things efficient, this was definitely not that.
As you described yourself... Delta was just as big of a mess. You will not find the grass any greener on other carriers during similar weather situations. You should be blaming the externalities and you not proactively making other arrangements the night before.

Also, it seems like you are angry that you had to wait around 12 hours. That's just a fact of life during weather problems. The agents can't fix the weather or make more aircraft show up.

This sort of situation is very typical of airports and airline operations during the few really bad weather days of the year. It is even more so the experience that everyone without high level status gets during such irregular operations.

Should agents not be rude? Of course. I'm not one to defend nasty agents... but when there's no available flights and hundreds of angry customers with unrealistic expectations, I can understand where some of the agents are coming from.

Last edited by alliance; Mar 19, 2007 at 6:24 pm