FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Place ---FIASCO
View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2007, 1:36 pm
Sthurston

Programs: NW-Silver, US, UL, IA, DL, Marriott & *wood-Gold, HH-Diamond, PC- Plat. Hyatt Diamond
and now the rest of the story

So last night was my first night in a Hyatt Place. The trials of trying to book it started this thread. I was a guest at the Sterling, VA location.

Things that I liked:

TV (minus the five second delay between channels)
Decor
Seating area in the room (think oversized sectional)
The pens & room keys
Colors of lobby
The alcoves and private areas all around the living room (lobby).
Fitness Room

Things that I disliked:
Construction still ongoing in the lobby
Monitors imbedded into the counter at the front desk or "living room" anyone standing around can see them including me, staring at the screens.
Lack of recognition as Diamond and no record of GP #
Lack of public printer or remote print technology.
The painted cardboard covering a hole on the side of TV build out
Elevators dingy with graffiti
No lotion

Comments on Breakfast:
Like the pantry concept (24hr food & drink of some sort) and played with the touch screen order system. Anyone familiar with Wa-Wa knows exactly what I am talking about. All food & drinks are divided into categories but as you page through if you change your mind the only back to main menu is through cancel. There is no page back.

Nice real ceramic place ware, nice mugs (Starbucks coffee!) nice cereal bowels but the plates are huge. Selections are slim and no peanut butter even upon request. Plates are way too big and heavy.

Of course I took the time to share my feedback with the staff all of whom where friendly. Overall it was OK. Rate was $59, which for that rate this hotel, is an exceptional value. I won't go out of my way to stay at HP but won't steer clear either.