FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Theft: items stolen from AA checked baggage / luggage (consolidated)
Old Mar 9, 2007, 11:40 am
Pakse

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz GLD
Howdy,

Yeah, I figured AA had little or no direct liability for the contents of my bag in a case of theft.

Why 10 credit cards? I just counted, there were only 7 which I now realize is 6 too many in terms of a back-up. In my 'real' wallet I only carry two cards; that 'back-up' wallet had gotten fairly fat.

The cards have come over the years - when I got a better offer - I'd get a new card. I simply never canceled any card that did not charge me any fees - so I ended up with the 7 I never used.

Not a smart move _ -- neither was checking the bag.

I did contact AA the morning after the flight; they acted concerned - and I was assured they would follow up with me I'll call them today and see what if anything they have to say.

So far all of the credit card companies have promised to remove all charges and hold me lible for nothing, which is nice. Even so, it was not worth the hassle - for my next trip, I'll shove 1 card deep into the bag - and when I do check it next time; I'll try to remember to remove it along with the cash.

Thanks for the responses; if there is any forward movement on any front I'll let ya'll know just for the record.

This does strike me surprising; the cards were used at a variety of gas stations, wal-mart, home depot, etc... Given the preponderence of video today in retail - I would imagine it would be a simple task to view the few faces on the multiple tapes for the time segments the cards were used - but so far no one seems to be attempting to follow any of this up?

Keep the faith,

Pakse