FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Place ---FIASCO
View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2007, 1:30 pm
Sthurston

Programs: NW-Silver, US, UL, IA, DL, Marriott & *wood-Gold, HH-Diamond, PC- Plat. Hyatt Diamond
Thumbs down Hyatt Place ---FIASCO

So with the double credit I thought I would try the new Hyatt Place. Logged in to GP searched reservations found the Sterling hotel and tried to book it. Web site was acting weird last night but the rez page wanted me to enter all of my information (versus self populating from GP). I thought that was odd so I called instead. Well our Diamond rez center can't book Hyatt Place, TRANSFER.

Very nice agent answered told him what I want, and then he asks if I have stayed before. Responded no, but that I am Diamond. He was clueless on GP and proceeded to give me the sales pitch for Hyatt Place. There is no need to "sell me" I am calling to book. UGHH. So he then proceeds to ask me all of my information. I respond that's why I gave you my GP # take it from my profile. Well it seems GP doesn't communicate at all with reservations for Hyatt Place. The agent must enter all information and preferences don't transfer over. This is why the online does not populate.

After logging in today and clicking on future reservations this reservation does not appear. I had asked for an email confirmation, to date not received. I have now spent half an hour and three calls trying to get my confirmation. I don't know about all of you, but my 120+ days on the road will be spent in hotels that make my life easier and allow me to make travel arrangements on my terms.

Seems Hyatt may have rolled this one out too quickly because in my case, I have not even checked in yet and my impression is very negative.