FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Angry tourists break mugger's neck
View Single Post
Old Feb 28, 2007, 8:20 pm
taucher

Originally Posted by Sjoerd
So you think the death penalty is the appropriate punishment for mugging.
In a court of law? Lacking aggravating circumstances, no.

If by some twisted logic you mean during the commission of a violent crime such as this, I have no sympathy for the criminal whatsoever.

You misunderstood me. The term civilization is used in those cases that respect for human life is shown.
I understood you; "effete" and "degenerate" are the terms I would use for the theoretical society you describe.

I said that the police should have investigated more thoroughly and the man should be tried in a court of law, and if found guilty of manslaughter, should get a prison sentence. What's wrong with that?
So who said "So to me, until more facts are published, the marine is guilty of manslaughter." then?

Read the thread. I was not the first one to use the word "idiot" on this thread.
Oh, so it's justifiable to respond in kind? In that case, you're just going to LOVE the following quote:

Yeah, let's go back to "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth". Seems like a lot of people here have missed a couple of thousand years of civilization.
So that's a couple of thousand years of civilization you say you're missing there?

Human or trollish civilization?

Last edited by taucher; Feb 28, 2007 at 8:29 pm