Angry tourists break mugger's neck

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2007, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070223/..._tourists_dc_3

A group of U.S. tourists, including a former Marine, killed a Costa Rican mugger by breaking his neck after he pulled a gun on them in a Caribbean port, a local police official said on Thursday.
The cruise ship passengers told police they jumped on Wagner Segura, 20, to defend themselves when he pointed a .38 caliber revolver at them near the Caribbean port of Limon on Wednesday, and somehow snapped his neck, regional police director Luis Hernandez said.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 10:23 am

Hope it was only an accident.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 11:00 am

Was Chuck Norris taking a cruise? Stallone? Schwarzenegger?
Old Feb 23, 2007, 11:14 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
A strong message to the mugger community .

What a courage ! With me the mugger would have had more luck .
Old Feb 23, 2007, 11:22 am

Programs: AA Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriot Silver
The Americans were passengers aboard the Carnival cruise ship Legend. They got off their tour bus to take photos in a notoriously rough neighborhood a short drive from Limon.
Real bright tourists.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 1:43 pm

Programs: SPG gold; otherwise just base in everything so far, but learning!
Originally Posted by sobore
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070223/..._tourists_dc_3

A group of U.S. tourists, including a former Marine, killed a Costa Rican mugger by breaking his neck after he pulled a gun on them in a Caribbean port, a local police official said on Thursday.

The cruise ship passengers told police they jumped on Wagner Segura, 20, to defend themselves when he pointed a .38 caliber revolver at them near the Caribbean port of Limon on Wednesday, and somehow snapped his neck, regional police director Luis Hernandez said.
^ ^ ^ though I do not know why they were dumb enough to go into a high crime area... I think the mugger got what he deserves.

fuzz
Old Feb 23, 2007, 1:53 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
There are a lot of tough-as-nails 70 year olds running around these days. I think Clint Eastwood is in that age group too. Anyway, kudos to the Marine for his heroism. I'm sure he was experienced and well-trained, but it's a still an older man empty-handed against a 20 year old with a gun. It had to be a little scary.

Originally Posted by FinsUp99
Was Chuck Norris taking a cruise? Stallone? Schwarzenegger?
Old Feb 23, 2007, 2:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
If I'm ever in a group being mugged, I dearly hope no one tries this. There are some things worth risking your life over, but a few hundred bucks and your credit cards are not among them.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA GLD; UA 2P; HHonors GLD; SPG
I wonder how were they able to get to the mugger without getting shot?
Old Feb 23, 2007, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA(EXP), BA, Hilton, Starwood
Originally Posted by best
Hope it was only an accident.
I betcha he exactly meant to do that. A 70 year old man takes on a 20 year old he's not looking to give the kid a second shot at brittle bones.

Semper fi!
Old Feb 23, 2007, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Psychocadet
Real bright tourists.
Maybe so, but I'd add: real bright mugger as well.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 2:11 am

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
Originally Posted by sobore
I hope the killer will get a proper trial in a court of law, and if found guilty of murder, gets a prison sentence.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 4:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
If the thief had lived to tell the tale, he'd be the subject of jokes about a senior citizen beating the daylights out of him and would have been laughed out of town by his peers.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 4:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by peachfront
There are a lot of tough-as-nails 70 year olds running around these days. I think Clint Eastwood is in that age group too. Anyway, kudos to the Marine for his heroism. I'm sure he was experienced and well-trained, but it's a still an older man empty-handed against a 20 year old with a gun. It had to be a little scary.
70-year old Marine? More likely ex.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Sjoerd
I hope the killer will get a proper trial in a court of law, and if found guilty of murder, gets a prison sentence.
You can only be found (legally) guilty of anything if you've been accused, indicted, and then tried. Apparently these tourists weren't accused of anything, so I think your theory doesn't work here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.