FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can I get anymore segments out of this award ticket?
Old Feb 25, 2007, 6:22 am
jragosta

Originally Posted by Valentine
Hey guys, just looking for some advice from you clever AAdvantage folk regarding an award reservation I've just made. Im really looking to get the most of my miles/ticket, so am wondering if you have any advice/suggestions as to different routes, or more segments that I could fit in to my ticket. Im not sure if there is a limit to how many sectors i can fly, id imagine i cant backtrack etc...?

I love flying and am trying to get on good equip with a nice cabin. Thought id give JAL a go as they've just joined OW.

Anyway here is my current routing:

Perth - Sydney - Qantas B747-300
Sydney - Tokyo - JAL B747-400
Tokyo - London - British Airways B747-400
London - Tokyo - JAL B777-300
Tokyo - Sydney - JAL B747-400
Sydney - Perth - Qantas B747-300

All sectors are in J with an overnight stop at Tokyo on the way out.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.
As hard as I find it to understand WANTING to fly extra miles on a free ticket, I'd look at LHR - ORD - NRT - PER (or LGW - DFW - NRT - PER if you don't mind taking a bus from LHR to LGW or if you use the DFW - LGW route in both directions and avoid Heathrow entirely) for one or both directions. I THINK that would add some distance.

Or, LHR - ORD - LAX - NRT - PER (or LGW - DFW - LAX - NRT - PER).

Or even LHR - ORD - LAX - NRT - HKG - PER (using Cathay Pacific) or the equivalent DFW / LGW route.

Or, how about this: LHR- JFK - ORD - LAX - NRT - HKG - PER. I would imagine it wouldn't be too hard to add more segments if you're creative (how about LHR - JFK - ORD - LAX - NRT - HKG - Sydney - PER (maybe back to HKG in between)?

Heck, if you want to go crazy, how about LHR - JFK - ORD - STL - DFW - LAX - NRT - HKG - PER and then reverse it for the other direction. That's 16 segments - and I didn't even have to try very hard.

Good luck. Too bad there's no way for me to let you do my flying for me.

Last edited by jragosta; Feb 25, 2007 at 3:20 pm