FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - These Samsonite spinner bags that Marriott is giving away....
Old Feb 23, 2007, 7:44 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hhoope01
I just tried to order a card and it seems Marriott is having some problems. Their gifts website is saying they can't process CCs at this time. Also, I get a runtime error when I try to access their "Samsonite" link. I guess I will have to give them a call to purchase my next card.
Don't be alarmed if (a) the transaction really went through and (b) you get a phone call from the Chase fraud department.

I got the errors last week and called Marriott. They said "our system is down - try again in two hours." I then completely forgot about the gift card and never tried again.

Then, Monday, two things happened: one, I got both the Chase phone call and a shipping notification from Marriott saying my giftcard was on its way. Apparently what happened is that in all of my clicking on that site to try and fix what I first thought was my problem (wrong CC number, etc.), I inadvertently ordered a bunch of gift cards. The site kept either crashing altogether or telling me the transaction failed, so I believed it.

Everything is fine now - Marriott canceled all but one of the orders, and I do still want the one on its way to me now. The point is that you *think* you didn't successfully order a giftcard, but watch your credit card activity just in case.