FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Low Limit Poker Rooms
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2007, 9:40 pm
cogitate

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Hertz Gold, Hyatt, Marriott
Angry

Originally Posted by bocastephen
What are the nicest low limit poker rooms in Vegas, around the strip area? I'm looking for a low pressure low limit (1/3, 2/4) game that's easy to join (no 3 hour waiting list) to transition from online poker and to put some of the skills into practice that I learned from a couple good books.

Finding some tipsy college students or poker newbies who have some cash available for me to relieve them of would be an added bonus.
As DenverBrian posted, it would appear that the OP is seeking limit holdem, but many responses in this forum have been about NL and NL tournaments.

I have found MGM and Monte Carlo to be excellent for low limit (2-4) holdem. Waiting times have typically been zero to 15 minutes. Regarding "tipsy college students" note that *MANY* college students go to Vegas during Spring Break which is in mid-March but the exact dates vary from school to school. Last year I had a great time playing 2-4 limit at a table at MGM with friendly kids from the University of Colorado at Boulder.

Although I did win some money off them, it was modest (remember this is a 2-4 limit game), and everyone seemed to have a good time. The only thing I didn't like was that in my late fifties I was the oldest person at the table!