FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ATM Problems in Argentina
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2007, 2:33 am
Gaucho100K
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
John, great post. Ive know of the limitations on the Banelco network, but my experience with the Cirrus network and specifically with the BNP Paribas bank is that it will give you up to AR$3000, or USD 1000 per day. I havent used my US based ATM in the last 60 days or so, and perhaps things have changed recently, but as I say... Ive been able to get those amounts from my US checking accounts with no issues. FWIW, my US bank is Bank of America, and my card has all possible logos on the back so I guess it works with both Cirrus and Visa Plus and a host of other systems.

I understand that there are a couple of "new" internet banks that offer special ATMs with custom-tailored daily limits. It seems that these banks are able to bypass local regulations on daily limits... at least this is what Ive heard from folks posting on Trip Advisor. I will dig up that information and re-post it here once I find it.

Cheers
Alex (Gaucho100K)