FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - coffee, tea, or ... excuses?
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2003, 12:29 am
wldtrvlr

Location: fort worth, tx AA Gold,Best Western-Diamond, HH- Gold, Marriott-Silver
1.)I am a tea drinker, half and half, powdered creamer, milk or if I have to nothing but sugar will work fine.

2.)I don't think the FA should be "hoarding" milk for the possibility that someone in FC wants a glass. It is nice that you want to provide better service in FC, but I don't think that should be at the expense of the MC customer, which us elites sometimes are. Of course if someone requests milk in FC and Milk is available, wherever it might be I don't see the harm in providing it. If you sit near the back of the plane, everything else has run out by the time you get served, why should the milk be any different. That is a different scenario though than an extra carton sitting in the galley "waiting" for someone in FC to request it, while the coffee and tea drinkers in the back do without since a FA wants to be able to provide "better" service to the FC cabin. Everyone on the plane is paying your salary to some extent, not just the FC passengers. In fact alot of us in FC don't pay anymore than the passenger in MC. We might just do it more often.

3.) As in other "special needs" if milk is the only beverage you can drink, I would suggest bringing it with you. Parmalat is good, I use it around the house sometimes.
Granted, the airline should be able to supply you with milk, but obviously they are not. Try putting in Milk as a special request in the meal section of your reservation. Never tried it, but it might work.

4.) My grandmother had ulcers she would drink a glass of Whole Vit. D milk every night to "calm" her stomach, so I assume that milk is helpful to some ailments. Even if it is not technically helpful, she thought it was, it made her happy, so she got milk when she wanted milk. Highflyer should have his milk if he wants milk. He might just have to find a way to supply his own since milk seems to be a casulty of cut backs.

[This message has been edited by wldtrvlr (edited 06-24-2003).]