FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - coffee, tea, or ... excuses?
View Single Post
Old Jun 23, 2003, 2:44 pm
rrz518

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by faflys:
Actually, I am going to side with HigherFlyer here - I refuse to serve milk to main cabin - that is what powdered creamer is for!

As long as we get only two cartons for two legs from catering - I'm saving it for first class!

Hey - take away the curtains, but first class still gets afforded the best service we are allowed to provide!
</font>

YOU refuse? Who are you to make that decision? What do your corporate service standards dictate? Do they encourage this type of "upside down" empowerment? "That is what powdered creamer is for!!!" How sanctimonious is that!!!

I can understand if it is a matter of "running out", but then again, that shouldn't happen, should be better planning if that happens regualarly. Milk is what, $3 per GALLON?

Also, I would recommend that you use UHT (ultra high temp.) Half and Half, which doesn't require refrigeration. It's what we use in hotel rooms for in-room coffee service. Lasts forever, Real Half & Half. Comes in those little single serving peel back containers. It would probably pay for itself based on what you're throwing away in spoiled product.

That powdered stuff is FULL of sugar, preseratives, etc. Not good.

[This message has been edited by rrz518 (edited 06-23-2003).]

[This message has been edited by rrz518 (edited 06-23-2003).]