FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transcons, and any danger of routing via SFO?
Old Feb 17, 2007, 9:34 pm
mvoight
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Fly AA J all the way
I am planning a trip to NY at the end of March. On my dates, I cannot find a single C seat LAX-JFK, but I can find plenty of A seats to SFO on the 763s. I actually like the idea of F on a 763 better than J on a 762, but I'm a little concerned about a SFO connection.

Is there anyone here who chooses that route? My biggest concern, obviously, is a weather delay that would cause me to miss my flight to JFK. Should that happen, would AA reroute me directly out of LAX? What if no J seats are available, only F, would they give me one, or would they tell me no dice because it's a weather delay and they aren't really obligated to get me into a premium cabin until there is room on my original route?
Why would you want to add extra time and inconvenience to your journey?
First, you have the issue of getting to the AE terminal in LA. Then, you have to spend time flying up the coast, and waiting for the connecting flight. Then you have to deal with connections. Is it really worth increasing your travel time by 50 pecent or more?