FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oneworld Wiki Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 2, 2007, 12:31 am
SLF

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by Austinrunner
With all due respect, SLF, you've unfairly broad brushed the stickies. The sticky I maintain is updated as soon as I see reliable information warranting a change. I check this board at least daily.
True, and that's a fair comment, so I've modified my post to be less "broad brushed" - sorry.

The reason I've not noticed you updating it is that you have made it quite clear (quotes below) that the purpose of the thread is solely for the benefit of AAdvantage members, and that solely you should be able to update it. Since I discovered that, I haven't looked at the thread again because I don't collect AA miles

But you're right in saying that the thread doesn't apply to you if you're using non-AA miles to get oneworld awards. I don't mean to be brutal and cause anyone else unnecessary angst, but the thread was never intended to apply to non-AA miles.
I would strenuously object to anyone but me modifying the first post of that thread. And I think you're seriously underestimating the amount of work that would be necessary to ensure that the rules for just one other oneworld airline are presented fully and accurately, unless that person already has a complete and official copy of all the rules for that airline. I doubt that's the case.
I've never been clear why that thread is here anyway rather than in the AA forum. Are we going to end up with 9 other stickies here, "oneworld awards using British Airways miles", "oneworld awards using Asia miles", "oneworld awards using Qantas miles" etc. etc. If I want to spend AA miles on a Hilton stay, should I look for a sticky in the Hilton forum telling me how to do this? Why do any of the other OW partner members find having the AA sticky here useful? Why isn't it in the AA forum, like other AAdvantage items? Where does the "how to spend AA miles on partner airlines sticky" go - in every other partner airline forum?

If the thread was never intended to apply to non-AA miles then why is it in the OW forum which is frequented by lots of people who don't have AA miles?

Last edited by SLF; Feb 2, 2007 at 12:36 am