FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why Fly BA?
Thread: Why Fly BA?
View Single Post
Old Jan 23, 2007, 9:00 am
chatawy

Originally Posted by LiviLion
Why would anyone want to Fly BA for domestic flights in this country?

My last Flight on BD was LHR-EDI on Thursday 18th Jan. No BA flights flying out on that route due to the weather. How come BD managed it?

My flight prior to that one was LHR-EDI on Wednesday 20th Dec. The fog day. Again out on BMI with a short delay - no BA flying again.
To be fair, this has to do with aircraft rotation and crew rotation. BD's network I'm afraid isn't as extensive as BA's, hence a BA aircraft that is planned to do a LHR-EDI-LHR return may come Inbound from PRG, whereas BMI aircraft rotation is usually LHR-EDI-LHR-EDI-LHR-EDI.

Originally Posted by LiviLion
I am flying Monday from EDI-LTN on EZY because I can't get on the BD flight I need and LTN's in the right area for me. Funnily enough no BA flying that day either.
BMI have availibilty (at the time of this message) on all their flights EDI-LHR for monday, but I don't blame you for traveling on EZY.
BMI, it would appear have decided to milk BA's Industrial relations saga to the limit. Just try and book any flight on a route that is shared by BA and BD in the period of possible strike action and you will see full fares ONLY right across the board.

Anyways, no doubt BMI will do a bumper sales drive with the £3.50 Garage Sandwiches and £3.00 bottle of acid they sell Plus I'm sure their friends at the HEX express will be happy with commission earned on selling HEX tickets......

Last edited by chatawy; Jan 23, 2007 at 9:05 am