FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Doubletree (was Hilton), Bath City {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2007, 1:47 am
UK2USFlier

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CO Silver, IC Plat, Marriott Silver
Sorry to hear about your experiences in Bath; I can only agree with the other posts (and my own - here) about UK Hiltons.

Being fair, it isn't just Hiltons - it's all of the major chains. In the big cities, London, Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh - I suspect where the business travellers stay most often - the quality of hotels in general is better. But in the less popular destinations, your experience is the norm, I'm sorry to say.

I had a week at the Hilton, Portsmouth, UK earlier this month - no executive lounge and a very questionable level of service. I was booked on a bed & breakfast basis for five nights - when I went for breakfast on day #3, I wasn't on the list and on enquiring with the front desk, I'd been checked out! They did check me back in, since I pointed out that I was still there and showed my room key card as evidence of my original booking.

You wouldn't believe the hash made of the bill, however - and it took several phone calls to straighten out the payment and the points credit.

When I travel for business, I do try to stay in Hiltons, to accumulate the points but I'd never spend them (willingly) in the UK!! Looking forward to the next few weeks, at Hiltons in Houston, Omaha, New York and Cleveland ... roll on US customer service!!!