FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - aa denied me boarding.....were they correct?
Old Jan 18, 2007, 1:04 pm
JGR01

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Originally Posted by mwhitted
This can have its own problems. Eagle at SGF issued a paper ticket to put me on UA once. They didn't make it clear that that's what they were doing. When I "upgraded" to E-Plus at ORD, the UA agent evedently took my paper ticket. (IF I actually ever had one.) UA flight was then canceled. AA put me back on Eagle for ORD-GRR for the next morning. I show up at ORD and try to get my boarding pass and the kiosk says that I can't do that with a paper ticket. I go to the agent and she says she needs my paper ticket. I give her everything that I have, but there's no paper ticket. She mumbles and types and ends up giving me a boarding pass. At the gate, I still don't feel easy about the whole deal so I ask the GA about it as soon as she show up to work the flight. SHE needs to have my paper ticket. She doesn't let me on the plane and I have to go back to UA. UA gets me on their next flight... without a paper ticket.

IF an eticket was changed to a paper ticket (and collected) and in turn the flight cancelled .. you SHOULD have gotten a paper ticket back ..

I think we have all become sooo used to etickets (that require no work on our part) and have forgotten that paper tickets were all that they had before.

If they collect a paper ticket from you for a flight and it cancels, it is the pax who should know to get another paper ticket for the replacement flight. Once they 'collect/pull' a paper ticket . its GONE. Its like giving someone $100 bill at the boarding gate .. if the flight goes .. you would want your $100 back . right?

Thank goodness paper is not used much any more.

But this entire discussion proves the point that re-routes MAY need to be changed to paper (my feeling they SHOULD be changed) and that once a paper ticket is issue .. it is MONEY and needs to be guarded thusly.