FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - aa denied me boarding.....were they correct?
Old Jan 18, 2007, 11:54 am
formentura

Programs: Food Lion MVP
Angry aa denied me boarding.....were they correct?

This happened last weekend, and I cannot figure out why AA did what it did.

Was flying AS from seattle to chicago, then connecting on aa to cleveland. all on one ticket bought at aa.com. sea-ord was very late due to mechanical, and it got to the point where even if it did take off, I would miss the connection. The nice Alaska air folks at the service center rebooked me on the sea-ord-cle ALL ON AA METAL. They gave me an eticket with a record locater, a summary of the itinerary.

At the gate, the agent said that my ticket had an invalid routing. I haven't a clue what she was talking about, but for now lets give her the benefit of the doubt. She said that Alaska had to reissue it. Alaska HAD reissued it to AA, thats how I ended up there in the first place. It said nothing about "valid as only" or anything like that. So instead of doing anything about it there, with 20 minutes left til door close, she sent me back to the AS service center. Nevertheless I missed the flight.

The fine AS folks were clueless as to what was wrong with the ticket. It met the fare rules, was reissued to aa flights.

So in the end, I had to overnight in seattle at my expense and fly out the next day, this time on the original as to ord, and aa to cle.

first question, what was the aa agent talking about? what did she want that wasn't on the ticket as gave me?

puzzled....