FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Place Dulles North (Sterling, VA) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:52 pm
thezipper

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Hyatt Place Dulles North (Sterling, VA) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Well an AmeriSuites is in the process of renovation into a Hyatt Place, so I figured I'd check it out and get the 2x stay credit ... might do a few more over the next few months at $40 per stay credit

They are still renovating the lobby, so things aren't complete yet. The front desk needs work as they have no "Hyatt Place" keycards yet, and the dining area is temporarily closed until the renovation is finshed. Breakfast is served in one of their meeting rooms (I didn't stick around for it).

Wi-Fi is free in the hotel and the rooms are made for both relaxation and work. The FIRST thing one notices when they enter the room is the 42" plasma TV that takes up almost one wall between the "Cozy Corner" and the bedroom. The room has an adequate work desk that is the right height for the chair they have. Nothing ticks me off trying to work at a desk that is too low or high for the chair.

There is a wet bar area and sink, also a small refrigerator in the living area. They have added a small wall to partially seperate the bedroom from the parlor area, which makes a nice break between the two areas.

The vanity is outside the bathroom, with a black granite top. There are several drawers and a small closet with iron and ironing board. The bathroom has been repainted and papered, and includes the larger curved shower curtain.

I've posted some pics here... enjoy!